Friday, June 1, 2012

And then there's the DUCK

Tomorrow is the FACES Ride 4 Smiles and I have been pretty much crazy busy getting ready for this  event. The weather forecast is looking good and the rider registrations are pouring in! I'm hoping this will be our biggest year yet! Check it out -ride4smiles.org

When I'm not thinking of Ride 4 Smiles, I'm thinking about next Wednesday at 4:30 am. The early morning that I will be getting on my bike to ride towards Nebraska. I'm getting excited. This will be my longest bike trip yet!

"To Do" List for my trip to Nebraska. 

  • Mustang Seat - Check   [You know how I feel about that hard Honda stock seat!!!] - YAY - Thanks to a dear friend from the 80s days I was able to swing it. Thanks to Rick's Cycle Parts, I was really able to swing it.Thank you both sooo much!
  • Rain Suit - Check - Found a great deal on one at the Sweetwater Flea Market when I went riding with Janet and Billy Saturday.
  • Oil Change - Monday
  • Tires ? - Eeek - hoping to make it on this set but my back one is looking kinda sketchy...


And then there's the DUCK
It all started with a ride on Saturday with Janet and Billy...

...and Billy found this duck as he was waiting on Janet and me to arrive. Well I instantly fell in love with the little critter and decided that it was going to be my riding partner for my Miles for Smiles. I think it's a he and I'm not sure of his name yet - but I have found my ascot for the ride!

Time to get rolling to work and making Ride 4 Smiles one of the best years yet! Have a great day and keep the shiny side up!




No comments:

Post a Comment